You need an ed plan ...

student pointing

An educational plan is a requirement if you want to get and keep priority enrollment.

It's also a road map that makes it easier to be sure you're on the right track to meet your academic goals.

There are two types of ed plans, for new and continuing students. Here's what you need to know.

New Students - Abbreviated Ed Plan

During the De Anza orientation program, you will create an abbreviated educational plan for your first one or two quarters. This is a requirement to qualify for priority enrollment.

Get started with ORIENTATION

After your first quarter, if you want to keep priority enrollment, you will need to develop a comprehensive ed plan of three quarters or more. See the information for continuing students below.

Continuing Students - Comprehensive Ed Plan

If you want to keep priority enrollment, you must develop a comprehensive ed plan of three quarters or more. There are two ways to do this.

      • Option 1: Make an appointment with a counselor on the second floor of the Registration & Student Services building (RSS 202). It will take less than 30 minutes.
      • Option 2: Create your plan using DegreeWorks, a online planning tool that you will find under the "Student" tab in MyPortal.

Need help?

Contact the Counseling and Advising Center for more information. 

Back to Top