Test Accommodations for Classroom Tests
Accommodation for classroom testing provides an equal opportunity for students with verified disabilities to demonstrate mastery of the course objectives and take required course exams or evaluative assignments.
In the case of students with learning disabilities, visual impairments, limited dexterity, or mental health disabilities, the need for, and type of, accommodation depends on the impact the disability has on test taking. Students with other verified disabilities may also be eligible for accommodations.
Steps To Arrange Testing Accommodations
Meet with your DSS Counselor or LD Specialist
Schedule an appointment
- As soon as you decide to request test accommodation for the course
- After the 1st class meeting or as soon as you have exam information for the class
Bring to the appointment
- The course's exam schedule
- The class syllabus ("green sheet")
- Any other information about the tests
You and your DSS Counselor or LD Specialist will:
- Discuss your disability-related needs and the exam requirements for the class
- Review "Test Accommodation Rules and Responsibilities"
- Confirm your understanding of the Academic Integrity Policy and the Guidelines Link
Talk with your Instructor
- Your accommodation needs
- The test accommodation procedures
Your instructor will receive an letter from your DSS Counselor or LD Specialist notifying them of your authorized test accommodations
Go See the Test Proctor
Test Proctor Location/Hours:
- Learning Center West (LCW) 110
- Mon. - Thurs. 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Fri. 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
*if your course meets outside of our operating hours, please discuss with your instructor booking your appointments at an earlier time then the class meeting
Review the Test Accommodation Guidelines and procedures with the Test Proctor, if needed.
Review and Sign the Academic Integrity Form
Schedule your Test Accommodation Appointments
Schedule all appointments with the Test Proctor
- For the entire quarter, if possible.
- In advance, according to the Test Accommodation Guidelines
- Bring the course syllabus and test schedule.
- Calendar your appointments in your planner.
- You will be emailed a reminder 5 days, 3 days and 1 day before any booked appointment.
Arrive Promptly for Your Scheduled Test Appointment
Check in at least 5-10 minutes before your scheduled test appointment time.
- Bring all required test materials.