Food Pantry and CalFresh at De Anza!
Are you having difficulty paying for food? Check out the Food Pantry and these additional programs on our campus.
Visit the Food Pantry in Our New Location: RSS 127
Stop by anytime during the following hours. You'll need to bring your student ID and meet the income guidelines for the state Emergency Food Assistance Program.
- Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Closed on Fridays during summer
- Closed on holidays
- NEW LOCATION The Food Pantry has moved! Find us in the new Outreach Office in Room 127 of the Registration & Student Services (RSS) building. Stop by now for a limited selection, but return after Aug. 22 for a larger selection once the Food Pantry construction is completed.
For more information, contact the Outreach Office at email@example.com or 408.864.8327.
Help Support the Food Pantry
Food insecurity among college students is a serious issue. A recent survey of De Anza students found nearly four out of ten experienced food insecurity. In the 2018-19 academic year the De Anza Food Pantry was accessed by 419 unduplicated students a total of 2,245 times. Please consider supporting student achievement through access to food. Visit the Foothill-De Anza Foundation's Quick Donate webpage and designate your gift for the De Anza Food Pantry.
If you need food assistance, the Mobile Food Pantry truck will be in Parking Lot C on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month, from 12:30-3:30 p.m. Look for it near the student drop-off area.
You can find fresh produce, meat, dairy products, dry goods and canned items in the mobile pantry, courtesy of West Valley Community Services and De Anza College.
This mobile service is offered in addition to the regular Food Pantry that's operated at the Outreach Office in the RSS building. Scroll down this page for more information about that program.
Stop by the Main Quad on campus every Thursday, 2:00-3:00 p.m., for a selection of fresh fruits and vegetables, grown locally.
You can purchase items at a 50 percent discount if you also receive CalFresh, WIC, SSI, SSDI or Medi-Cal assistance.
Find out if you're eligible for CalFresh!
- Monthly cash assistance for purchasing food
- Provided via EBT debit card (looks like any other debit card)
- Use it to buy groceries and fresh produce at participating stores and farmers' markets
To find out if you qualify, get help with your application, or extend your eligibility ...
- Visit the Second Harvest website to apply or contact Second Harvest