Intercollegiate Women's Volleyball
An introduction to the discipline of Physical Education through the sport of volleyball. Includes a global and historical examination of the sport, rules, equipment, facilities, etiquette, and safety. Emphasis placed on the four major pillars of the game: mental, physical, tactical and technical aspects necessary to successfully compete in games. Discussion of the rules of the game, equipment technology and fair play will be incorporated into the course. Basic exercise physiology, nutrition, flexibility, muscular strength and endurance techniques relative to volleyball will be discussed.
|12116||PE 42WX||1||MTWR···||12:30 PM-02:35 PM||Dawnis Guevara||PE21E|
Class Materials: View textbook and/or other materials for this course available at the Bookstore.
Class Dates: This class runs from 2019-08-12 to 2019-09-22.
P E -42WX-01: This is a 6-week class that begins 8/12 and ends 9/22. This class is for the De Anza College Women's Volleyball team ONLY. Anyone interested should contact Coach Dawnis Guevara PRIOR to signing up: Email: email@example.com
- 1.5 Units
- Four and one-half hours laboratory for the one and one-half unit course (54 hours total per quarter); six hours laboratory for the two unit course (72 hours total per quarter); nine hours laboratory for the three unit course (108 hours total per quarter).
- Gen Ed
- General Education Class
- Program Status
- Program Applicable
- Credit - Degree Applicable
- Grading Method
- Letter Grading
- See general education pages for the requirement this course meets.
- Competitive experience in volleyball; physician's clearance and completion of eligibility forms; all second year athletes must fulfill academic requirements per the CCCAA (California Community College Athletics Association).
- EWRT 211 and READ 211 (or LART 211), or ESL 272 and 273.