An introduction to the discipline of Physical Education through the sport of basketball. Includes a global and historical examination of the sport, rules, equipment, facilities and etiquette. Skills and techniques of advanced basketball play. Includes analysis of basketball movement, team interaction and basketball theory. Students will gain an understanding of exercise physiology, nutrition, development of muscular strength and endurance and flexibility will be enhanced.
|12621||PE 32K||63||·T·R···||07:30 PM-10:20 PM||Michael Allen||PE21E|
Class Materials: View textbook and/or other materials for this course available at the Bookstore.
Class Dates: This class runs from 2019-07-01 to 2019-09-22.
P E -032K-63: This is a 12-week class designed for the Women's Basketball Team that begins the week of July 1, 2018 and ends on September 22. Please contact Coach Mike Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 408-864-8951, for more information before enrolling in this course.
- 2 Units
- Six hours laboratory (72 hours total per quarter).
- Gen Ed
- General Education Class
- Program Status
- Program Applicable
- Credit - Degree Applicable
- Grading Method
- Letter Grading
- See general education pages for the requirement this course meets.
- Competitive basketball experience at the high school, club or collegiate levels and consent of instructor.
- EWRT 211 and READ 211 (or LART 211), or ESL 272 and 273.