An introduction to the discipline of Physical Education through the sport of volleyball. Includes a global and historical examination of the sport at an advanced level, rules, equipment, facilities, etiquette, safety, and fundamentals of advanced volleyball. Students will apply basic exercise physiology, nutrition, flexibility and strength concepts to improve their overall playing level. Skills and techniques of advanced volleyball play. Analysis of movement, team interaction, and volleyball theory.
|12692||PE 32LX||1||MTWR···||06:15 AM-08:20 AM||Dawnis Guevara||PE21E|
Class Materials: View textbook and/or other materials for this course available at the Bookstore.
Class Dates: This class runs from 2019-07-01 to 2019-07-26.
PE32LX.01: This is a 4 week class that starts on 7/1 and ends on 7/26. This class is for the Women's Intercollegiate Volleyball Team. Anyone interested must contact Coach Dawnis Guevara - Prior to signing up for the class. firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Units
- Three hours laboratory for the one unit course (36 hours total per quarter); six hours laboratory for the two unit course (72 hours total per quarter).
- Gen Ed
- General Education Class
- Program Status
- Program Applicable
- Credit - Degree Applicable
- Grading Method
- Letter Grading
- See general education pages for the requirement this course meets.
- Competitive volleyball experience at the high school, club or collegiate levels and consent of instructor.
- EWRT 211 and READ 211 (or LART 211), or ESL 272 and 273.