Intermediate Tai Chi
Further examination of Physical Education through the ancient exercise of Tai Chi. Includes the well-known short forms consisting of 24 or 36 postures. Complete and polish movements of the 24 Tai Chi set, self-defense applications, "push-hands," and sparring will be performed. Review and embody principles of unity, centering, balance, alignment, breath and mind intent, "yin and yang" relationships and the development of Tai Chi at an intermediate level. Benefits of Tai Chi exercise relative to age, gender and environmental conditions will be studied. The course will incorporate basic exercise physiology, nutrition, strength development, flexibility and meditation techniques as related to Tai Chi and health.
|35880||KNES 12J||61||·T·R···||05:30 PM-07:20 PM||Coleen Lee-Wheat||PE15|
Class Materials: View textbook and/or other materials for this course available at the Bookstore.
Class Dates: This class runs from 2019-01-07 to 2019-02-17.
- 0.5 Units
- Two hours laboratory for the one-half unit course (24 hours total per quarter); three hours laboratory for the one unit course (36 hours total per quarter).
- Gen Ed
- General Education Class
- Program Status
- Program Applicable
- Credit - Degree Applicable
- Grading Method
- Letter Grading
- See general education pages for the requirement this course meets.
- KNES 12H or KNES 12HX, or comparable level, or permission of instructor.
- EWRT 211 and READ 211 (or LART 211), or ESL 272 and 273.