Precalculus III: Advanced Topics - HONORS
This is a UC and CSU transferable course that meets a general education requirement for CSUGE and IGETC. It belongs on the De Anza Liberal Arts AA/AS degree. This is the third course in a sequence of three courses in precalculus mathematics intended to provide the student who has successfully completed intermediate algebra with the foundations needed for success in calculus and advanced courses in mathematics and the sciences. This part of the sequence emphasizes advanced topics including graphing, vectors, linear and non-linear systems of inequalities, matrices and systems of linear equations, and sequences and series. As an honors course, students will be expected to complete extra assignments to gain deeper insight in precalculus.
|36060||MATH 43H||63H||·T·R···||06:30 PM-08:45 PM||Edwin Njinimbam||S46|
Class Materials: View textbook and/or other materials for this course available at the Bookstore.
Class Dates: This class runs from 2019-01-07 to 2019-03-29.
- 5 Units
- Five hours lecture (60 hours total per quarter).
- Gen Ed
- General Education Class
- Program Status
- Program Applicable
- Credit - Degree Applicable
- Grading Method
- Letter Grading
- See general education pages for the requirement this course meets.
- Not open to students with credit in MATH 43.
- Admission into this course requires consent of the Honors Program Coordinator.
- MATH 41 (or MATH 41H) and MATH 42 (or MATH 42H) (both with a grade of C or better); or a satisfactory score on Calculus Readiness Test within the last calendar year.
- EWRT 211 and READ 211 (or LART 211), or ESL 272 and 273.