Getting on the Waitlist
If a class you need is closed when you try to register (add a class), you can use MyPortal to be placed on the waitlist – provided there is space available on the waitlist.
For step-by-step instructions on how to add your name to a waitlist, see page 13 of the MyPortal Registration Guide.
Some things to remember
- You can only pick one waitlist for each course – not multiple sections.
- If you are already enrolled in a section, you cannot be on a waitlist for the same course.
- You cannot be on a waitlist for a class if you are already registered for a different course during the same time period.
- Don’t put your name on a waitlist unless you intend to add the class once a seat becomes available.
- If a space becomes available for your waitlisted section, you will be automatically enrolled in the class. An email confirmation will be sent to you. If you no longer want this class, it is your responsibility to drop it. Check your e-mail regularly!
- Be sure to pay for classes that you add, so you are not dropped for nonpayment. Check the college payment policies and deadlines for the quarter.
- You must already meet the prerequisites for a class before you can get on a waitlist. Contact the Admissions Evaluations office if you want to get prerequisite clearance by using coursework from other colleges.
- If you are on a waitlist, you must attend the first class meeting of the quarter (or summer session).
- If you’re on a waitlist and you receive the instructor's approval to add a class, you must immediately add (enroll in) the class online.